22 September 2011

Burning your retinas out PART ONE

Holy shit it has been a WHOLE WEEK since I've posted. I'm not sure if that length of time has passed since I started posting regularly but it feels like FOREVERRRRRR :((((( But now I'm posting so yay!!! :DDDDDDD Also normally I hate when people do the extra smilies but not eyes, but right now it portrays exactly how I feel. So I guess I can understand.

So I'm supposedly getting a new phone soon. Which is awesome. But one of my favorite things about looking at potential phones was "OMG WHICH ONE LOOKS THE COOLEST?!?!" and now they're ALL THE SAME. Well, for smartphones at least. All of them have a LARGE SCREEN with some buttons on the bottom and some kind of border that is the case. So your choices are "do I want this one with the LARGE SCREEN or this other one with the SLIGHTLY LARGER SCREEN. Or maybe the SLIGHTLY SMALLER SCREEN because I don't want to completely BURN MY RETINAS I LIKE BEING ABLE TO SEE"

Anyway, I have received some questions that I would absolutely love to answer.
1) How did you find out about transgenderism and how were you able to understand and identify with what was being explained?
This is a really fucking good question. Hmm. Well, I would have to say it would be way back in the 7th/8th grade when I was a wee lad and I read an article in some magazine about a ftm who had started hormones AT THE RIPE YOUNG AGE OF something below 14/15 I believe. It was before puberty had hit, so he only had ONE PUBERTY as opposed to TWO (yuuuuck). I specifically remember reading that article and thinking "ohmygod that's possible?! Holy fuck that would be awesome!!" Of course at the time I thought it was just ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE for me to do anything close to that. Not because it was relatively uncommon in the media at the time or because of worries of not being accepted for who I am but because it was in a magazine so IT MUST BE OUT OF MY REACH. By the way, STUPIDEST thing you could ever think. If you ever think anything is beyond your reach then that is a fat lie you are telling yourself. Fucking reach for the motherfucking stars.

I'm pretty sure that is the first time I learned about it. And I don't remember thinking "oh this dude is transgender" but "He used to be a girl? and now he's a guy? HOW DO I DO THAT?!?!" It wasn't "oh this is how he identifies" or "omg this explains me" but more "how can I make that happen in my life?"

I think I was able to understand simply because it was how I felt and it just made sense to me when I read about it or heard about it. It wasn't until I was older that I realized that a person could be transgender and that it was something that was...different? Kind of like how when you get older your perspective on a lot of things changes because everything is in a different context. The main thing that happened was realizing that my body was slowly turning into a woman's body and how that made me uncomfortable. It was kind of like "oh hey you've just been hanging out all these years doing your thang and now BAM WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS BITCH?!?!" Like a slap to the face. It would be a combination of all these things that led me towards this realization (I really like that word if you can't tell). That and I always gave myself a guys name on Oregon Trail, and always played the male character in Fable, and really just chose the male version if I could on anything possible. This wasn't something I really thought about as a kid; I was just being who I felt like and it didn't matter because WHO THE FUCK CARES. IT'S WHO I AM, NOT YOU.

There are further questions, but I really want to sleep (surprise surprise) so I'm going to leave this as PART ONE and then post PART TWO tomorrow/Friday (FUCK YEAH FRIDAY!!!!!!!!)

And with all this children, I bid you goodnight/noon/morrow/morning whatever floats your boat!

PS Just realized I can bold things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment