17 September 2013

Subcutaneous Injections versus Intra-Muscular Injections

Well. It has been quite a length of time since my last post. I really had not realized that I haven't posted for nearly a year (2 months shy). Much has happened since then. I'm not sure where this post will lead, but I'm sure it will take us somewhere.

I have been chugging along on the Testosterone train. My dose has gone up since last November, and I now sit at a nice 140mg/week (aka 0.7ml). I do my own shots. It is not as terrifying as everyone seemed to make it. HOWEVER, I do only Sub-Q injections, which are right under the skin.

Idea! Lesson on T injections!!

Alright, my T comes in a vial. There are various sizes. My insurance will only cover a 30 days supply, so I get three 1ml vials every month (because 30days = ~ 4 weeks; 4*0.7 = 2.8ml, so the insurance just barely covers it). The concentration is 200mg/1ml, meaning that 0.5ml would be a 100mg dose. With insurance I pay $52 for a 30 days supply.

Now get this! It costs $26.99 for each 1ml vial, but it costs $109.99 for a 10ml vial!! I DON'T THINK YOU NEED TO BE GOOD AT MATH TO SEE THE SAVINGS HERE PEOPLE.

BILLY MAYS HERE! DO YOU NEED TESTOSTERONE IN YOUR BODY, BUT NATURE HAS CHEATED YOU OF YOUR BELOVED HORMONE?? WELL "MONE" NO MORE ABOUT YOUR LACK OF SEX DRIVE, APPETITE, AND DEEP MALE TONES!!

YOURS TODAY FOR JUST FIVE EASY PAYMENTS OF $19.99 IS A VIAL OF PURE TESTOSTERONE! MILKED FROM THE TESTICLES OF A BULL INJECT IT DIRECTLY INTO YOUR THIGH OR RIGHT UNDER THE SKIN AND WATCH YOUR MUSCLES GO FROM



TO





AND IF YOU CALL RIGHT NOW WE WILL THROW IN BACK HAIR AND A TOUPEE, FREE OF CHARGE!! 


So basically with insurance coverage it is actually MORE EXPENSIVE for ME to pay for a 30 days supply, instead of just buying a 10ml vial every three months ($150 for three months w/ insurance vs $109 for three months of shots w/o insurance). I found this out recently when the Walgreens I go to ran out of testosterone. 

And yeah, that did happen. DIDN'T REALIZE THIS WAS SUCH A LOW-T CITY. WHO THE FUCK ELSE NEEDS THAT MUCH T?? I wonder if I'm living in the midst of a gaggle of transmen and we just have no clue. Except one guy. I know one guy through a family friend who knows his mom and he lives apparently 5 minutes away from me. And by "know" I mean we've talked on facebook (shout out if youre reading this! Otherwise NO SHOUT OUT FOR YOU).


After you've acquired your T from BILLY MAYS, you now have to inject it into your body in order for it to take affect (unfortunately osmosis will not work in this case.) I'll assume you already have needles, syringes, alcohol wipes, and TMNT/Star Wars/ATLA bandaids, or something similar. You ready the shot (withdraw T from the vial). Now which kind of shot will you do? 

TRICK QUESTION, DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR DOCTOR TELLS YOU!

If your doctor selects Subcutaneous Injections (Sub-Q) then you'll pinch some fat on the inside of your thigh, and stick the needle at a 45 degree angle, with half the needle covered. Then INJECT AWAY AND FEEL THAT TESTOSTERONE FLOW THROUGH YOUR VEINS!!! You will do this shot typically weekly or every ten days. 
Now if your doctor selects Intra-muscular (IM) then you're going to shoving that baby all the in to the base needle and then inject. You will do this shot bi-monthly.

I'm not sure how the doses would vary depending on which shot you do. So if I did IM and not Sub-Q, I don't know if I would have the same dose or a higher/lower one. But T is burned through quicker when youre doing Sub-Q shots, thus why they are more frequent.


I'm hoping all you awesome unicorns out there enjoyed this little tutorial. Would anybody be interested in a video of a shot? Maybe I'll do that and show off my awesome thighs to which thunder thighs would be a compliment ;)

I AM THE GOD OF THUNDER, HEAR MY THIGHS


On that note yesterday (the 16th) was exactly a year and a half on T!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment